Thursday, July 31, 2014

Random thoughts..

Hey guys!

How's life? I am really not sure what I want to say today. It's been one of those days that you think to yourself even when I look back in 5 years on this day I probably still won't understand the implications of what took place. Don't worry. I'm not hurt physically; my fiance is fine too. It's just one of those moments where you grow up a little more and you realize your life is on a much different path then you previously thought. My priorities and maturities have shifted because of today. And it's not bad. Every learning/growing experience regardless of how bad at the time, I believe eventually has a good that comes out of it. I am sad that sometimes hard decisions like the ones I've made today sometimes have to be made. But no one promised that adulthood would be fun or easy. No one said that all the paths we eventually all walk would be paved with gold brick and filled with joy. Some will. But not all. This experience has shown me a lot, including who is truly there for me and who isn't. Guys, the word friend is meaningless without actions to back it up. If you call yourself a friend to someone then do things for them that you would expect a friend to do for you. My mind today is all over the place, so I am thankful for work in an hour and I'm thankful that I will have the opportunity to serve someone else today and make someone else happy. The hospitality field is good for that. And working in that industry has taught me that the little things really do matter. So while working until late at night stinks, at least I'll have somewhere else and someone else to channel my energy into.

Sorry for the short post, I'm not sure yet what these blogs are going to consistently be about. Maybe they'll stay random? I don't know.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment